A New Pro Football League Where The Fans Call The Shots
The Fan-Controlled Football League (FCFL) is exactly what it sounds like, a real world sports league where the Fans are in charge. It’s like Madden in real life.
All FCFL games will be live-streamed on Twitch, the world’s leading social video service and community for gamers and eSports, available on mobile, desktop, and tablet. The FCFL has also teamed up with IMG Original Content who will be supporting the league with their unparalleled expertise in sports and entertainment.
WHO’S TALKING ABOUT US
How it works
Via an interactive video overlay on Twitch or in the FCFL app, fans will call all of the plays in real time for the 8 teams in the new league. The outcome of each fan vote will be relayed to the quarterback and executed on the field.
In addition to play calling, the FCFL is putting fans in the General Manager role for the first time in sports, allowing them to determine each team’s name, logo, coach, and the players that make the roster via a fan-run draft. It’s a video game brought to life, and it’s what every football fan has been waiting for.
Check our blog for an in-depth look at how the fans will call the shots in the FCFL.
In the FCFL you don’t play for your hometown fans, you play for fans across the globe. All 8 teams will be based in a single city and play in a massive production studio. This is a league built for the digital fan, and as a player you will have a global stage to show what you can do. Our streaming broadcast deal with Twitch provides an audience of more than 120 million passionate fans ready to call your number. Time to show the world what you’ve got.
- 7 on 7, fast-paced, high-scoring football
- 8 teams – 18 man rosters
- 1-hour games, start to finish
- $1,000,000+ championship pool
TEAM OWNERS |
LEADING THE TEAMS
- Eight squads that all play in one location – so instead of rooting for their hometown franchise, FCFL fans join the team with their favorite Fan Captain
- Fan Captains are well known influencers from the world of sports & entertainment that are die-hard football fans
- Each Fan Captain will help determine their team’s unique strategy and style – from the team name and logo, to the type of offense they will run
FCFL + TWITCH
- Amazon’s Twitch has acquired the live streaming rights to the FCFL’s games which will be be promoted to their 120+mil monthly active viewers
- The Twitch platform enables the FCFL to deliver a cutting edge fan experience with interactive overlays enabling fans to deep dive into player analytics and call plays live for their team
- Fan Captains will co-stream their team games to provide their insight on what play calls and roster moves they want their team’s fans to make in real time
Designed for the digital fan, rather than the traditional stadium or arena. All of our games will be played in a cutting-edge production studio where a truly interactive sports entertainment experience can be delivered in real time to any connected device on the planet
Proof of concept
FIRST EVER FAN RUN TEAM
In 2017 we proved the fan-run model when we launched an expansion team called the Salt Lake Screaming Eagles in the Indoor Football League. We partnered with both Amazon’s Twitch and Sports Illustrated, and turned over control of the team to our fans – generating hundreds of thousands of streams and play-calls via our mobile app from fans across the world. The fan playcalling lead to one of the most high-powered offenses in the league and our quarterback was named Offensive Rookie of the Year.